Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Told My Bosses
My birthday is in a few weeks, and our office always (a) takes you to lunch and (b) buys you a gift (within reason). So, today during the office meeting, Carrie, my boss, asked me where I wanted to go for my lunch. Of course the answer to that was mexican!! And she asked me to send her a list of what I wanted, and I told her I already knew . . . . I said I'd like a gift card to Target cause I needed to buy maternity clothes! It was just Terri and Carrie (CB is in Memphis on some family emergencies) but they were beyond thrilled! I told them I for sure would be coming back after the baby is born. I'm a lot of things, but stay-at-home-mom isn't one of them. So, I think they were happy to hear that too. It's been hard not to say anything, especially since Moni knew, but I was waiting for the right time. Cyndi is dealing with some hard things, and I didn't, and still don't, want to overshadow that. She's due back here in a few weeks, so I'll tell her then. It feels good to tell my bosses. I am thinking since I'm feeling mostly better, if I am going to get morning sickness, it should be hitting sometime soon. And if I arf in my office trashcan, at least they will know why. No more having to take secret phone calls on my cell out in the parking lot. I can finally openly talk to my OB's office without having to worry about who might hear me say "pregnant" or "ultrasound".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment