Friday, October 2, 2009

Back From The Pediatrician




The last one is Mason and his dad watching their first Cowboy game together. Don't they both seem overly interested?!?!
Mason had his 10 day check up today with the pediatrician. We took bets on his weight. His birth weight was 6 pounds 11 ounces and he's been doing a great job of eating. The goal was to get him back to his birth weight. He was 6 pounds 5 ounces on Monday.
Well, I am proud to report that he was 6 pounds 12.5 ounces! My son, the over achiever!! The good news for mom and dad is that this means we can feed him about midnight or so, and then crash til he gets up around 5. I've been having to set an alarm and wake him at midnight to eat and then 3 hours later at 3 am to eat. Maybe life will seem a little less stressed if we can all get some good sleep. I was just so happy to see his weight back up there. Because he was so little when he was born and because he lost so much, he's only in the 10% for weight, so we've got a ways to go. But, we're getting there.

Mason's cord fell off yesterday, so tonight he'll get his first official bath. I'll try to add some photos of that later. We are having grandma supervise the first one to be sure we know what we're doing. It's so nice to have a nurse for a mother!

My parents leave on Tuesday. I offered to pay the fee to keep my mom's dog's boarded for another week, and when that didn't work, I threatened to throw myself against the door so she couldn't leave. I was an only child once - I still remember how to have a temper tantrum!! It scares me to be alone all of next week without anyone here, but I suppose at some point in time, it's all about sink or swim, right?!?
My own personal good news is that I am have lost all of my pregnancy weight and even a few pounds more . . . I am officially 6 pounds less than I started at when I got pregnant. Not bad for being 10 days out. And, it should be good motivation to keep it up. I feel pretty good and even get to drive myself to the grocery store tomorrow.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Love the new pics and the update Traci. Glad Mason is doing great!

Katie said...

ashingtonAw, Traci..he's so cute! You're going to do a great job without your mom there. Once everyone leaves, my advice is for you & Mason to do nothing more than eat & sleep and look at each other. This time goes by too fast. Way to go on Mason's weight gain (and don't fret over those silly weight charts~your boy will thrive!)and huge congrats to you on already being under pp weight ;) If you guys need anything after your mom leaves, call me!

Katie said...

gah, please pardon the ashington ;)