I had my doctor appointment on Friday, and the ultrasound tech slipped me for a quick peak. I wasn't on the table 2 minutes when she said "Oh, wow, Traci, you are going to hate me!" I knew immediately what she meant, and I just laughed. I mean, what can you do? My doctor came into the room as well for another reason, and they both said, without a doubt, that we are having a BOY!! My doctor was there because in the ultrasound a week ago, she had not seen some developments with the heart that they like to see, so she'd come to watch. Good news is we still have a health baby. Different news is we can no longer use my grandmother's middle name of Elizabeth!
Breaking the news to Chris was hard. He really, really, really wanted a girl. I kept telling him that I promised I wasn't lying. I think once the initial shock wears off, he'll be really excited and looking forward to playing catch in the yard and having someone who likes to go fishing with him and watching football on Sundays.
I go back in a month, and will take the gestational diabetes test, and have 1 more doctor ordered ultrasound. They have some concerns about the stomach, and the heart, so they just want to take one more look. After that, I start going every two weeks, and my parents will be here for my last appointment in June. I am excited to share an appointment with them.
My blood pressure was still up, but the good news is it hasn't climbed any higher than the 133 over 88 that it was last time. My weight is still down, but Dr. Logan says that baby is measuring perfectly at 1 pound 1 ounce. If she's not going to worry, then neither am I.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment