Friday, July 24, 2009

2nd Birth Class Done

Last night we had our 2nd birthing class. Most of the class was about breathing. If any of you know my father, I am sure you can well imagine the thoughts that ran through my mind. A mixture of my dad and Bill Cosby.

Anyway, we were all sitting around, silent, breathing, our partner counting how many breaths we took in a minute. I got through mine just fine. Then she had us switch and the mom's counted the dads. Chris and I weren't 10 seconds in when I got the giggles. And generally when I get them, Chris gets them. So, we regained our composure, and I start counting again (no idea why either since I'd completely blown it the first time) and next thing I know, I am giggling again! I felt bad, everyone else was quiet and concentrating. Not us!! Maybe it was the milk shakes we had for dinner since it's been a horrible week at work and I wasn't in the mood to deal with dinner and dishes in the 45 minutes we have to spare before we have to leave for class?? Note to self . . . do not let Chris order Jack In The Box with a large chocolate shake, and then go to birthing class. The rest of class will not appreciate it.

I've been having some braxton hicks contractions the last few days. My stomach muscles tighten up and my tummy gets rock hard. There does not seem to be a real pattern to them - they just come and go. But, I also don't have any pain with them. My feet are the size of bowling balls, which is less than attractive. Good thing I have an OB appointment today. I am feeling ok, but work is getting to me, as is the heat. How, in the world, my mother in law was 9 months pregnant, in Phoenix, in August, without committing murder, I will never understand!

No comments: