Monday, July 27, 2009

Update From Dr. Appointment Friday

I had a doctors appointment on Friday. My blood pressure was up, again, and the doc is, quite honestly, perplexed at what to make of things. Sometimes it's down really low which is good. But, other times it's higher, and that's bad. Aside from my trial run to labor and delivery, when it was ridiculous, it's never been horrible. 130 something over 80 something. I've heard that as long as I keep it in the 80's and out of the 90's, that's a good thing. I've hit 88 a few times, so definitely walking the line there.

Anyway, Dr. Logan has ordered an ultra sound for my appointment in 2 weeks. She will check his growth, but also check the level of amniotic fluid, and my blood pressure, and we'll talk. She's not happy, I do know that, but she was comfortable enough to go another 2 weeks, so that has me breathing a sigh of relief. But, she said that if my fluids were low, and/or my blood pressure was high, then we'd talk about closer monitoring. I am not sure if that means weekly appointments sooner, or bed rest, or what. So, if you've got some good vibes you could send our way, we'll take em!

We spent the weekend working on baby's room. We have been given a truck load of hand me down clothes from Angela and Moni, so I spent the weekend washing and sorting and hanging. His drawers are all full, and his closet has all of his jammies hanging up. I held some of the items up to my belly - it's amazing to think he's going to fit into something so small when my tummy seems so big.

I will try to post a few pics later. We have a day care interview tonight (our 3rd) and tomorrow we are interviewing the first of 4 possible pediatricians. And Thursday is our last birthing class. I will be happy to see August roll around for a variety of reasons . . . . our shower and seeing family and friends is a big one, but getting some down time is also up there!!

No comments: