

It's my first Mothers Day, as a mom, and so I wasn't sure what to expect, or how I'd feel. Mason slept in, which was a nice gift. Usually he's up by 6:30, seven days a week. But, yesterday and today he slept past 8. Must be that tooth that's trying to hard to finish popping through. We went to his last swim class, and he got his certificate that showed he passed. Then we ran a few errands, called our moms to wish them a happy Mothers Day and then I got to open my cards. Mason got me a very nice card that told me what a great mom I am. Chris got me a very nice card that told me what a great wife and mom I am. And they both chipped in and got me a wonderful gift certificate to a local spa for some pampering. I don't remember the last time I had my hair cut at some place other than Great Clips, so this will be a real treat!! We took a walk in the sun and played at the park. Mason loves the swing, and I love the smile he gives whenever I push him. Tonight after dinner and after Mason goes down, Chris and I will spend the night on the couch together, watching the Suns game and
eating Cold Stone. God how I miss that ice cream! I think I had it every single week when I was pregnant.
All in all for being my first Mothers Day, I really couldn't have asked for a better day. I've spent it with my two favorite boys, relaxing and playing at the park. If Mother's Day is a day for your kids and your husband to appreciate you, well, then it's been a success. I feel loved and appreciated and rejuvenated in my day to day tasks of trying to keep the house, and our lives, in order.
I am thankful for a husband who still tells me what a great job I do. I am thankful for a son who is healthy and happy and a delight to be around. I am thankful that god saw to it that we all ended up together. I can't imagine a more perfect first Mothers Day.
Hopefully everyone else is having as perfect of a day.
No comments:
Post a Comment