We traveled to Phoenix for Grandma Donna's birthday last week. I was nervous about the flight, and wondered what Mason would think about the plane ride, but he did great both ways. He's his father's son, and was asleep on take off! There was a pretty big bump on the ride home, one that made most of us come up off of our seats, and he giggled, as though it was a ride. Dear god, if he only knew!!
We visited everyone and spent lots of time just hanging out with family. Mason has so many wonderful aunts and uncles and cousins there who were so excited to meet him. He was passed from person to person and smiled the entire time. I know that Chris was worried he'd suddenly catch a case of stranger anxiety issues, but he didn't seem to care who held him or changed him or fed him, as long as those things were being done. He napped well, and my only real complaint was that he got up very early. Phoenix is an hour behind us, so even though his body said 6am, the clock said 5am.
While I am happy to be home (safely) settled into our routine, I do miss everyone and I am sure Mason does too.

No comments:
Post a Comment