Yes, it's official. We're PREGNANT!!
Friday night, the 9th, I had a dream that I was at a hospital, and they were running all kinds of tests and the doctor came in and said that they could not give me some drug because I was pregnant. So Saturday morning when I woke up, and remembered my dream, I took my last dollar tree pregnancy test. I set the test on the back of the toilet and closed the door. Chris was in the office, so I stuck my head around the corner and told him to come and look. We agreed that there were in fact 2 lines, even though the second one was pretty faint. But, he wasn't totally convinced and asked me to go buy a digital test. Which I did.
Sunday morning, same routine. I got up, took the test and closed the door so we could look at it together. And there it was "pregnant" on the screen. I don't suppose there is any arguing when it comes to a digital test.
At first, we weren't going to tell anyone. Then it was ok to tell our parents and our bff's. We called Donna who, luckily was not driving because I think she'd of caused a car accident! And we called Janelle, and my parents.
On Monday Chris told his job, and I told Angela. When I came home on Monday, Chris had a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a very sweet card on the table which made me cry, and made me feel better all at the same time.
Friday we went to see Tamara, who confirmed the pregnancy and set my due date for September 13th. My parents wedding anniversary is September 13th, so I think that would be a fun date to have the baby. I've found a new OB's office, which is attached to the hospital I'd like to deliver at. My first appointment is February 13th (right before Valentines Day) and she says that they will give me an ultrasound to date the pregnancy and it will be our first glimpse at the baby. Chris's job is being very supportive and his boss has already given him the ok to miss some work and come to the appointment with me.
So far, I really don't feel any symptoms. But, I am only 6 weeks along, and I am sure someday soon I will be wishing the morning sickness would go away. So, for now, I am going to enjoy the calm before the storm.
We are excited about this next chapter in our lives, though a little surprised it didn't take very long. I think I was more shocked than Chris when that 2nd line appeared, but we are strong in our commitment to each other and we know we'll get through this leaning on each other and our family and friends.

1 comment:
Wooooooooo Hoooooooooooo!!!! I so can't wait to be Auntie Angie to your little one!!!! BIG HUGS!!!
Love Ang
Post a Comment