Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sick and Pregnant Sucks

I have a horrible horrible horrible cold. Horrible.

I started to feel it coming on this weekend, and by Sunday night I could barely breath and when I really coughed, it was so hard to catch my breath, it actually scared me. I called my mom, thinking she would be coming off her shift at the hospital, and of course scared her half to death. She gave me a few tips on what to take to get me though the night. I can't say I've ever been to Walgreens, in my pj's before, but at 11 at night, I really could have cared less who saw me. Monday morning I texted Chris to get me an appointment with my doctor, which he did. She said I had literally no oxygen getting into my lungs, and so she gave me a breathing treatment in the office, which helped. She also sent me home with a prescription for an inhaler. And, she did a culture for Whopping Cough. She said that if it's positive, the results will be ready in 48 hours. Which is this afternoon. If it's positive, I'll have to start taking antibiotics.

And, now Chris is home today, feeling as under the weather as I've been. I feel horrible for sharing this with him - it's been seriously no fun! My doctor is maybe a little more liberal with letting me take some stuff for the symptoms than other doctors would have been, and I seriously love her for that! Pregnant or not, there's no way I could have gotten through this without some pharmaceutical help!!

No comments: