Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Get Out of Jail Free Card

While there is a laundry list of things Chris and I would like to do to our house before the baby comes, there are two things that we HAVE to do. We have to replace a section of the fence that we share with our neighbors to the back, because it is going to fall over. And we have to add a heater vent to the nursery. We had a friend out last night who is a contractor to give us quotes for the covered patio we'd like to add, the fence we must fix, and the heater vent we must add. He was so shocked, as are we, that there is no vent in that room. So, we talked about the patio and we talked about the fence and then we went up stairs to look at the nursery. I pulled the bed away from the window, and there, on the floor, was a heater vent. I blamed it on being pregnant. Chris blamed it on me being a woman. Either way, I felt like a complete moron!! Apparently 3 years ago when we moved in and put the bed in front of the window, we must have closed the vent since it's the spare room, and the door is almost always open. Regardless, we can cross that off our list of must does. I swear, if I could have had a cocktail at that moment, I surely would have!

No comments: