Wednesday, March 24, 2010

6 Month Dr. Appointment



Mason saw the pediatrician yesterday for his 6 month check. I really have to say that I enjoy our pediatrician's office, and am glad that we took the time to interview so many of them before settling on someone. I felt like I could have asked questions all night long, and he'd of sat there answering them all.

Anyway, Chris and I took bets on Mason's weight (which we always do) and we were both wrong!! He was 14.8 pounds at his 4 month check, and 15.6 pounds this time. Both of our guesses had him in the 16 pound range! So, he dropped from 50% percent for weight down to 15%, but the doctor said that's normal when babies finally start to be mobile, and burn some calories. He was still 50% for height, coming in a 26 1/4 inches. There were no major concerns, and he said his cold seemed like just a cold, and wasn't cause for concern. Knock on wood, no ear infections, and it had not settled into his chest. So, a few more days with the humidifier and hopefully he'll be back to his normal, cheerful self soon.
This weekend, provided he's up for it, we'll start him on some veggies and see what he thinks of them. You know pictures will follow!!

No comments: