Thursday, August 20, 2009

36 Weeks Down, 28 Days To Go

I had an OB appointment yesterday afternoon. Normally, I see Dr. Logan. But, she was on vacation, so I used it as a reason to meet the other OB in their practice who could deliver me. She was very nice, and even a little more talkative than my doctor is. She measured me at 38 weeks, was happy with my blood pressure (117 over 78) and my weight gain (8 pounds so far). She also did my Group B Strep test. And we talked about how baby was no longer way down there, but she said he's still head down, so she said it was ok.

It really didn't dawn on me when she said I measured 38 weeks that I should have only measured 36, so I called the poor nurses this morning. They reviewed my chart and said that every other time, I have measured right on. She said that baby's position, or the amount of fluid I have, can change that measurement from day to day, and so not to worry. I go back next Friday afternoon, and they will measure me again. So long as I go back to measuring on track, then they won't worry. If I am off again, I'll likely get an ultra sound. The idea of a 10 pound baby is enough to scare the pants right off of me!!

I washed and put away all of the great clothes and blankets that we got this weekend from our shower. It was fun to see everyone and to celebrate our little bundle of joy. The house seemed a little too quiet on Monday when everyone was gone.

We're just trying to enjoy our last few days of quiet. Today is Chris' 40th birthday, so we'll go out to dinner. It's funny to think it could be the last time we go out as a family of just 2 for a while til baby is old enough to stay with a sitter.

No comments: