Another nest milestone that I hear other ladies talk about is their 35 - 35. This means they are 35 weeks pregnant, with 35 days to go. Today is my 35 - 35.
Chris and I put the last few finishing touches on the nursery with what we have so far, and then organized some of the stuff in the basement. We also put the car seat and stroller together. Since Donna and Janelle bought them, but shipped them straight to us, I wanted them to be able to see them outside of the box. So, that was fun to play with a few things last night. It's amazing to look around at all that we have been given by friends and family - we are truly blessed.
Our shower is this weekend. Donna and Janelle, Flow, and Angela all get here tomorrow. I can't wait to see everyone. I admit I am beside myself with excitement to see Angela. My BFF moved to Texas and I haven't seen her in 2 years which is just totally unacceptable. So, we are going to dinner Friday night, just the two of us.
Chris' 40th birthday is also right around the corner. Usually, just after my birthday in February, he will start to drop hints about what he wants or where he wants to go. This year, he has been pretty silent. I think 40 is a big deal for him. I think he thinks he should be further in life than he is. I say he needs to give himself some credit. He lost so many years to drugs and alcohol, he should be proud of where he is. Technically, he's really only turning 30 if you count the 10 years he pissed away. So, he's a 30 year old soon to be father, who owns his own house, has a truck and a motorcycle, money in the bank, and a job that he may not always like, but that pays the bills and has great insurance. I say he has a lot to be thankful for. So, Saturday night after all of my friends leave, we'll turn the house around and throw him a party. It was supposed to be a surprise, but he knows about it now. Which is fine with me.
35 - 35. Wow!!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment