Saturday, August 8, 2009

Good News at Appointment

I had my ultra sound on Friday. She said baby is measuring right on schedule and kept my due date at September 17th. She said he is 5 pounds 1 ounce and put him in the 47%. She saw some hair on his head (which if you believe the old wives tale, would explain my daily intake of Pepcid AC) and we even got a good money shot of his boy parts. Man has he been uncooperative in that regard!! I get a lot of pain on the right side, and a ton of pressure, so I asked her where he was positioned (he's been head down every time) and even she was a little surprised at how far down he was! He's head down, with his butt in my right rib cage, and his legs and arms all tucked in the right side. Apparently he's leaving my left sided organs alone. But, he's killing the right side!

Then it was down the hall to the OB. My blood pressure was up, but down from my normal, which is good. 138 over 86. I am managing to keep my bottom number below 90, and that's what she wants. I started my walks again on Monday and have been going every night after work. I have some swelling and some headaches, but the swelling comes down at night when I sleep, and my headaches go away with Tylenol, so she said to just keep an eye on things. When I go back in two weeks, I will actually see a different doctor since mine will be on vacation.

Our shower is Saturday - a week from today. We have so much to do to get ready for everyone, and can't wait to see some family and friends we haven't seen in a while. My folks won't make it, which sucks, but they are going to be here for almost 3 weeks when baby is born, and I'd rather have the help after he comes, and not before.

Chris and I have signed up for 2 more classes at the hospital, so that will be fun. And we're 1/2 way through the day care interviews, and 1/2 way through the pediatrician interviews. Hard to believe baby will be here in 5 1/2 weeks or so.

No comments: