Saturday, June 13, 2009

Everything Is A OK!!

The ultra sound tech at my doctors office is just great - seriously - just great! She took pics of the heart and the stomach and said both were developing just fine. I guess last time the stomach was empty, so they couldn't see it, and that was why she looked at it again. I was relieved to hear that the heart was doing just fine. Baby is growing right on track and she found a couple of "Downs Markers" that make her even more confident we don't have any Downs Syndrome issues to worry about. She commented that baby had really long legs, and both Chris and I looked at each other not really believing her. Finally, she also confirmed, in Chris' presence, that we are still on team BLUE.

My doctor took one look at my notes and said "oh my, what have you been up to while I've been away??" Usually I don't have too much to say. I think I more than made up for it this time! She said the pain in my side is likely round ligament pain, the same round ligament pain that I had early on, down low in my tummy when baby first started to grow. She said sometimes when baby has a growth spurt it can cause those pains again. So, I'll just continue to keep an eye on things. It really only bothers me when I walk.

My blood pressure was 108 over something. I was in such shock, I can't even tell you what the second number was. 108?!? Really?!?! 108?? My mother says the walking must be paying off! My doctor gave me the ok to keep walking every night. She says is the best exercise for pregnancy. I made a commitment to do it, and I wanted to keep it, so it was nice to have her say that.

I drank my bottle of fruit punch stuff and got my blood drawn. Cross your fingers that she doesn't say I flunked my 1 hour gestational diabetes test, because if so, I have to take a 3 hour one that I've heard about. ICK!! No thanks!!

We have settled on a Dallas Cowboys nursery, and I think maybe next weekend we'll paint the room. It would be fun to have it at least partially done when my parents are here in two weeks. Chris has a lot of furniture to put together!

Thank you to everyone who said a quick prayer for us. We are so blessed to be loved by so many people. Truly, truly blessed. Thanks especially to my mom and dad for taking my 8 million phone calls and answering my 8 billion questions. Love you guys!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey you! I didn't know you were a blogger :)

So glad to hear that baby is A OK. That's the best news to a new mamas' ears. Isn't it crazy how much you're already worrying about this little one you haven't even met yet?!

xoxox, k