Last night, the pain in my side came back with a vengeance. It came and stayed for about 3 hours. It stayed while I cooked dinner, and while I sat and ate dinner and while I walked and while I laid on the couch. It also seemed to have picked up in intensity from Tuesday. But, I slept all night without issue and feel ok this morning. Go figure!
I called the nurse again today and we talked about it, and the doc said it might be an umbilical hernia. She said to try wrapping an ace bandage around it, and that I could also use a low set heating pad. But, she said if they didn't work, to call tomorrow. She was a little suspicious because I can't feel any kind of lump or anything, but I appreciate she wants to rule out things before doing anything drastic.
My mother also asked me to keep an eye on baby and pay attention to how much he's moving . . . . basically to see if it's dropped off any. It seems when you focus on something like that, they must take 5 hour naps! Baby was pretty still most of last night, and this morning as well. The nurse told me I needed to feel 10 kicks in 2 hours, so I am sitting at the office with a pad and pen in front of me. She said anything less than that and I'd need to come in and be hooked to the monitors.
I have really been blessed with an easy pregnancy thus far and have to admit I am a little nervous. My mom has been great at answering my questions, and the doctors office has been great at not making me feel silly for calling them. I am sure it will all be fine, but I am not above asking for a few spare prayers either.
I don't go see my OB til next Friday. I am generally in and out in 5 minutes, but I think this time we'll have more to talk about for sure!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment