Saturday, June 6, 2009

SCORE!!!

I belong to this on line chat group. It started with planning the wedding, and then moved to life after the wedding. I mostly check out the local Denver ladies, but I surf on there for other topics I am interested in. I belong to a cooking club that meets monthly that I found there as well.

Anyway, there were some "nesties" that had posted about having garage sales this weekend. Some of them live pretty close to us, so I had Chris wake me up this morning and I set off in search of their houses. One lady in particular had twin boys, so I knew she'd have some good stuff. Boy, was I right!!

I bought an infant car seat, two bases (one for each of our cars), a step stool (that I just might be using to get myself into bed!), a high chair, a vibrating seat thing, 2 blankets and some little clip on toys for the car seat. And I got it ALL for $125!! I felt like I was robbing her blind, but she was happy to see them go. She's got 2 of most everything!

My parents are coming to visit my younger sister at the end of this month, and I'll get them for one night. After they come and go, we will paint the nursery and start working on setting things up. I feel better having the car seat purchased. If baby came early, we'd of had to leave him at the hospital since we had no car seat!

P.S. I am feeling mostly better. No more contractions, and virtually no more pain in my left side. I am looking forward to my doctor visit on Friday. We'll get one last ultra sound before we paint the nursery Dallas Cowboy blue, but I am also going in with a list of things to talk to my doctor about. Last week was a little scary, and I can't say thank you enough to my wonderful mother for answering all of my questions! Thanks Mom - I love you!!

No comments: