Wednesday, June 10, 2009

GAH! Double Digits!!

When I was a bride, one of the big milestones along the planning path was when you hit 99 days. Double digits we called it. Well, here I sit, at 99 days til baby is due to make his appearance. I really don't even know what to say other than "how the hell did that happen?!?!"

With my recent yard sale purchases, we are a lot more prepared for baby to come, which is nice. But, we still have SO much to do. We need to sign up for our classes at the hospital. We need to paint the baby's room and put together all of our goodies. We need to wash all of the great clothes and blankets that friends have handed down to us. We really need to kick it in gear!! Maybe this weekend I can do some laundry while Chris is working.

One positive, but unrelated note, is that my dad hopefully has his job back soon! Some of you may know that he was laid off on my birthday in February. He's a respiratory therapist at one of the hospitals back home. Anyway, he's been waiting for an opening so he could go back to work, and it seems two openings came at the same time. I've offered more than once to send them money, but my father always says no. I swear, if he were living in a cardboard box on the street, and one of his kids needed the roof from his box, he'd give it to them, with a smile. I only hope that I can be as selfless of a parent as he is. Love you Dad!!

No comments: